05:16:29  * creationixquit (*.net *.split)
05:35:12  * creationixjoined
07:27:24  * k0mpjut0rjoined
07:29:30  <k0mpjut0r>I eventually found out my issues with running Luvit using Lua 5.3 - the build system was using my system 5.1 headers for some libraries, causing linker errors. I went though luvi, lit and luvit (in this order) and one by one modified code for Lua 5.3 compatibility.
07:31:46  <k0mpjut0r>It was mostly straight-forward, to summarize types of changes: 1) loadstring+setfenv - replaced with load, 2) using ffi as host detection - replaced with hard-coded values (for my system) 3) some very old stuff like table.getn(t), replaced with #t, 4) buffer.lua is the only actual user of ffi other than host detection, replaced with pure-Lua code
07:35:04  <k0mpjut0r>Result: https://imgur.com/a/QYqCmlh . I will try to summarize my changes in pastebin, maybe someone will find this in the future and it will help someone.
08:00:52  * k0mpjut0rquit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
08:01:14  * k0mpjut0rjoined
10:06:09  * k0mpjut0rquit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
10:06:52  * k0mpjut0rjoined
10:33:57  * k0mpjut0rquit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
10:35:45  * k0mpjut0rjoined
11:13:26  <Soni>>table.getn(t)
11:13:30  <Soni>D:
12:17:56  * k0mpjut0rquit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
12:18:49  * k0mpjut0rjoined
15:41:05  * k0mpjut0rquit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
15:52:17  * michal[m]joined
21:09:05  * erlbot--quit (Remote host closed the connection)
21:33:34  * erlbot--joined
21:44:16  * erlbot--quit (Remote host closed the connection)
21:44:40  * erlbot--joined